INJURIES AND ACCIDENTS
Don't worry, we do not have many! But if we do here are some guidelines:
• Stay calm but act swiftly and observe the situation.
• Assess whether there is danger of further injuries.
• Listen to what the injured person is saying.
• Alert the first aider who should take appropriate action for minor injuries.
• In the event of an injury requiring specialist treatment, call the emergency services.
• Deal with the rest of the group and ensure that they are adequately supervised.
• Do not move someone with major injuries. Wait for the emergency medics.
• Contact the injured person's parent/guardian.
• Complete an incident/accident report form.
• Incident/Accident report forms are available in the clubhouse. They should be completed either by the coach responsible or by Becky Malby if treatment by Becky was needed.
• The club has trained first alders on site.
• Each age group is supplied with a first aid kit for those little emergencies.
• First aid equipment, plasters, bandages etc are always available in the physio room.
• Seek out any First Aider for assistance. We aim to have at least one First Aider per age group/team. Please put yourself forward for First Aid courses which are delivered annually.
First Alders' courses are available to anyone who will provide assistance and particularly to coaches. We aim to have at least one trained first aider with each age group. If you'd like to go on a course or are already a qualified First Aider, please let us know.
DO NOT BLOCK THE ACCESS FOR AMBULANCES BY PARKING
IN THE BLOCKED OUT AREAS OF THE CAR PARK